Knowledge Content Intern
For its International Partnerships and Programs (IPP) department and specifically for the Inclusive Development team, the Liliane Foundation is looking for a:
Knowledge Content Intern
For 32-40 hours a week for a period of 4-6 months starting in January/February 2023.
The Liliane Foundation envisions an inclusive and diverse society in which everyone is included regardless of their background, characteristics or preferences. We are an organization that embraces diversity, inclusion and belonging. Together we achieve the best and most sustainable results.
The Liliane Fonds wants to enable the empowerment of youth with disabilities in developing countries, allowing them to achieve their full potential – also in the area of livelihoods. To do this we collaborate with partners from the global South to provide an enabling environment in which youth with disabilities can acquire skills, learn specific trades, get industry exposure and be accompanied in the transition from education to employment or entrepreneurship in the occupation of their choosing. In this process we and our partners continuously learn and in so doing improve the quality of our own interventions for the benefit of these youth with disabilities.
What are you going to do?
We are looking for a Knowledge and Content intern in our Inclusive Development (ID) team within the department of International Partnerships and Programs (IPP). You will support us in creating knowledge products based on our experience implementing livelihoods projects for youth with disabilities – knowledge products such as manuals, papers, tutorials, etc. to help ourselves and other practitioners in this field to enhance the quality of our interventions. Will you join us?
Facilitated by the Thematic Advisor on Sustainable Livelihoods and in close collaboration with our Communication team you will do the following:
- Make an inventory of existing materials for use in knowledge products such as recorded webinars, videos, case stories, reports, etc.
- Gather new knowledge content
- Analyse existing content for use in knowledge products
- Process selected materials into one big or several smaller knowledge products
- Support the distribution of knowledge content via the website and other channels
- Document your own learning journey
Who are you?
- Curious and growth-oriented: you like to learn and are always open to acquiring new knowledge and insights.
- Innovative and creative: you are bubbling with creative ideas and with some guidance you come up with innovative concepts and you process these into knowledge products.
- Positive, motivated and driven: you are intrinsically motivated and passionate about the work that the Liliane Fonds does, you feel an alignment to contributing both independently and through a team effort to our mission.
- You love writing and language and you can easily convert policy language into understandable and accessible texts.
Finally, you recognize yourself in the three core values of the Liliane Foundation: openness, connection, and trust.
What do you bring?
- Higher education at either polytechnic or university level in social, economic or communication related fields
- Oral and written communication skills in English on C1/C2 level. Basic knowledge of Dutch is required.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- An affinity with the Liliane Foundation and our mission to empower and include children and youth with disabilities in developing countries.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic job in an organization that was once started by 1 individual and has been effective in providing a future for children with disabilities in developing countries for 42 years now.
- An amazing learning experience in a passionate team with a heart for our mission.
- An internship allowance of € 300,- gross based on a 40-hour working week and, if needed, a travel allowance.
- An attractive workplace that is accessible for everyone in a newly decorated office that optimally facilitates hybrid working. The Liliane Foundation is housed in a former monastery with a beautiful courtyard in the heart of ‘s-Hertogenbosch and a 7-minute walk from Central Station.
If you are interested and meet the internship requirements, kindly share your application and CV via e-mail with our HR team (firstname.lastname@example.org). For specific information or questions about the internship position contact Lucy Schalkwijk, Advisor Sustainable Livelihoods, at 073-518 94 20.
The Liliane Foundation has an active integrity and child safeguarding policy. All employees, volunteers and interns sign the code of conduct and are obliged to comply with it. In our code of conduct, child safeguarding has specific attention. All staff, volunteers and interns are also required to submit a Criminal Record Check (VOG). We also do a reference/integrity check with previous employers during the application process.